Elder Law Services
Address Concerns ✦ Understand Legal Issues
Elder Law Services
Understand Legal Issues
Congdon Law Offices, LLC in Tewksbury, MA can help seniors & their loved ones address elder law concerns like Guardianship, Medicaid Eligibility and Long-Term Medical Care.
What Makes for a Good Elder Law Attorney?
What Makes for a Good
Elder Law Attorney?
As attorneys who work in the field of elder law, Congdon Law Offices, LLC brings more to their practice than an expertise in the appropriate area of law. We also have knowledge of the senior population and their unique needs as well as the myths related to competence and aging. We are aware of the physical and mental difficulties that often accompany the aging process. Because of our broad knowledge base we are able to more thoroughly address the legal needs of our clients.
For example, when planning an estate, Congdon Law Offices, LLC takes into consideration the health of the person or couple, the potential for nursing home care and the wishes and concerns of the person or couple if that event were to occur. If need arises, we will associate other legal experts.
Elder law covers all aspects of planning, counseling, education, and advocating for clients. The Attorneys at Congdon Law Offices, LLC are a resource to our clients because we understand our clients’ needs may extend beyond basic legal services, so we stay informed about and connected to the local networks of professionals who serve the elder population.
Addressing Legal Issues
- Health & personal care planning, which includes the following topics: powers of attorney and living wills, lifetime planning, family issues
- Planning for a well spouse when the other spouse requires long term care; Asset protection; public benefits such as Medicaid and insurance; Veterans’ benefits
- Capacity; guardianship and guardianship avoidance
- Resident rights in long term care facilities; nursing home claims
- Employment and retirement matters; age or disability discrimination and grandparents’ rights
- Will and trust planning; planning for minor or adult special needs children; probate
Congdon Law Offices, LLC elder law expertise encompasses all aspects of planning for aging, illness, and incapacity. Because of our specialization Congdon Law Offices, LLC is particularly sensitive to the legal issues impacting elder clients.